IconOne Multisport (IconOne) respects your privacy by meeting or exceeding standards as set by law.
Our privacy commitment adheres to the definition of personal information: specifically, “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
In most cases where IconOne Multisport is required to handle personal information, it is in the course of providing services to you and is on your behalf. In other cases, we may handle personal information as solution providers for our clients. This privacy commitment applies to all collection, use and disclosure of personal information about current, past and prospective clients of IconOne Multisport. This does not apply to third-party personal information that IconOne Multisport handles when it acts as a solution provider for a client.
Why does IconOne Multisport collect personal information?
IconOne Multisport collects personal information in order to provide consultation, digital solutions and digital products to you. In addition, we distribute publications and offer seminars concerning digital solution developments, which we provide as a service to you and others in the business community.
How do we collect your personal information?
IconOne Multisport collects personal information only by lawful means, and only collects personal information that is reasonably necessary for the legitimate purposes identified and for which consent has been obtained. Whenever possible, we collect your personal information directly from you or from persons you have requested to provide us with such information.
How do we use your information?
IconOne Multisport may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide digital solution consultancy and associated services;
- for billing, record-keeping and other client contact and service matters;
- for account collection purposes;
- to manage and develop our business and operations;
- to learn about the needs of current and potential clients, to develop or offer services and products tailored to those needs and to communicate with clients regarding current and future products and/or services;
- to follow up on client comments and suggestions.
Disclosure of your personal information
IconOne Multisport will only disclose your personal information for the legitimate purposes identified to you and for which consent has been obtained, or if required or authorized by law.
Consent and exceptions
IconOne Multisport recognizes the importance of obtaining consent where required by law for collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. For the purpose of obtaining your consent, IconOne Multisport will consider the following:
- we may obtain your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your information either expressly for stated purposes or impliedly when the purposes are not stated expressly but are indicated by the relevant circumstances or follow logically from other expressly stated purposes;
- for the consent to be informed, we will make reasonable efforts to advise you of all the purposes for which the personal information is being sought, unless the purposes are plain and obvious;
- we will make reasonable efforts to obtain consent for all anticipated purposes at the time of the collection of the personal information;
- we will obtain additional consent if we propose to use your personal information for a purpose for which express or implied consent was not initially obtained;
- we will not, as a condition of the supply of a product or service, require you to consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfill the explicitly specified purposes; and
- you may withdraw or amend any consent previously given by contacting any of our Privacy Officers, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions and upon reasonable notice to us.
The law provides certain exceptions to the usual requirement to obtain an individual’s consent, for example:
- when collection and use is clearly in the interests of the individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- in emergencies;
- where consent would compromise investigating a breach of contract or law;
- to collect a debt;
- to comply with rules of court relating to the production of information;
- in other circumstances where permitted or required by law.
Keeping your personal information secure
IconOne Multisport uses appropriate security measures to protect against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, use or modification of personal information. Such measures will vary depending on the sensitivity, amount, format, nature and storage of the personal information and will involve, as applicable, physical, organizational and electronic security measures, including premises security, restricted file access, technological safeguards including security software and firewalls to prevent unauthorized computer access, and password and security policies.
When communicating with us, you should be aware that e-mail, by its nature, is not a secure medium.
Updating your information and correcting errors
Since we use your personal information to provide digital solution services to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date.
If any of your information changes, is inaccurate or incomplete, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes.
Access to your personal information
IconOne Multisport will respond promptly to any request for access to your personal information. There will be no cost for reasonable requests to such access, unless you request copies of records or your request involves significant retrieval undertakings. In such case, we will advise you of the cost, if any, prior to the retrieval of your records or information. We will not respond to requests for access to personal information that are frivolous or repetitious.
In certain circumstances, we may be unable to provide access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. Such circumstances include those in which the personal information cannot be separated from the records of others, cannot be disclosed for reasons of personal security or commercial confidentiality or is protected by standards relating to confidentiality.
Questions, concerns or requests for access
If you have any questions or concerns, wish to access your personal information or wish to change your preferences regarding our use of your information, please contact using the contact form.