Strength Training with IconOneWe work with everyone, no matter your health and wellness goal!
THE ICONONE APPROACH
No matter the age, ability, or interest, IconOne begins with a proven, successful assessment process that includes:
- Goal(s) outline- What do you want to achieve?
- Baseline development – Where are you now as related to your goals?
- Athlete Performance Testing – if appropriate
- Lean mass assessment – That’s right, body fat analysis.
- Nutrition discussion- Any fitness program must be supported by adequate fuel and hydration.
- Training plan development – How are we going to achieve your goals?
- Working with an medical professional (ie PT, RMT, RD or MD?) No problem. A team approach to your health and wellness is encouraged and supported. With your permission, we will contact them to insure an integrated program design.
STRENGTH & CONDITIONING OVERVIEW
There isn’t a more efficient way to achieve strength goals than to work with an experienced, professional trainer – a trainer with an education in sports science and 25 years working with a varied clientele including ranging from individuals new to the fitness lifestyle – to world class athletes.
Who seeks personal training with IconOne?
- Ages 7 to ? (our oldest current client is 80 years young!)
- We work with everyone, no matter your health and wellness goal
- Individuals simply wanting an improved quality of life
- Weight Loss
- Highly skilled and competitive athletes
- Pre- and Post- orthopedic rehabilitation.
Interested in a Personal Training session?
- With only 2-4 people, these provide the perfect opportunity to maintain personal instruction within a group atmosphere.
- Do you already have a workout partner? This is a great option to receive expert instruction for both of you.
- Would you like a workout partner? We can do our best to match you with someone of similar interests and abilities.
- Sometimes these are special interest classes. See our Calendar for upcoming options.
- Cost $50/person/55min
Ready to book yet?
Shelly's Personal Journey with Strength Training
My history with strength training is a bit different than many. During my early developmental years I was a top runner in Iowa – even before high school where my success continued. This was not a genetic gift. Rather, as I understand now, it was a complete tribute to the very hard functional training I did growing up on a horse breeding and training acreage. The lifestyle required astute body awareness, keen problem solving, and feats of strength that defied logical reasoning. I learned dedication, discipline and was amazingly strong for my size and stature.
Fast forward to today, with a formal college education based in sports medicine, successful top national and world championship level athletic careers in (2) different multisport disciplines (pentathlon and triathlon), nearly 25 years of personal training and multisport coaching, the luxury of 20/20 hindsight, and a fantastic peer group of fellow elite coaches (strength and sport specific), I enjoy sharing my journey through instruction – right here in San Antonio, Texas.