Triathlon High Performance Elite TeamFor Elite Athletes Aged 12 to 19 Years
The High Performance Team is .....
About the High Performance Team
Elite triathlon development is dedicated to supporting the pursuit of draft-legal triathlon racing and integration into the Olympic Development Pipeline of USA Triathlon. Members are local to San Antonio and non local satellite athletes. We welcome all interested!
Athletes train year-round with a variable schedule based on school and triathlon event opportunities. We offer several training sessions weekly (for local athletes), training camps, and travel with coach support at regional and national elite races.
Team Members do not have to train with IconOne and may utilize their own single sport coach, for example swimming with a club team. If an athlete is a member of another triathlon team who does not offer an elite opportunity, please visit with the IconOne Head Coach for options. We don’t want to leave you out.
All members must commit to the following:
- Annual Membership Fee
- Team Uniform Kit
- Commitment to draft legal style of racing
- Attendance at a USAT National Skills or Select Camp
Practices are held at various locations throughout San Antonio with the following primary locations:
- UTSA Chisholm Hall – primarily swim training
- Texas Military Institute – team camps and group training throughout the summer
- AthElite USA – a premier strength and conditioning facility with computrainer opportunities
Fun Facts About the IconOne High Performance Team
- Received High Performance Designation in 2008
- National Championship Podium Finishers Including USAT Junior Elite National Champion
- Youth Olympic Games first alternate. 2010
- 3rd Overall High Performance Team National Champions 2009
- Numerous National Elite Championship Qualifiers
- Several graduate professional triathletes