Triathlon Development TeamFor Athletes Aged 7 to 14 Years
The development team encourages young athletes to embrace an active lifestyle through a fun team-oriented environment.
About the Development Team
Our primary focus is safety with emphasis on evaluation and support for the individual In a group training atmosphere. Although the disciplines of triathlon are very physically oriented, we support and embrace cognitive and emotional development as well. The focus of all training is to inspire and empower young athletes to do their best.
Development Team Training Options
Here are the current training options for the Development Team:
Offered March through the first week of August.
Athlete may join the group training or be invited to do so after attendance at a day camp.
- Swim (optional if the athlete is training with a club swim team)
- MWF 5a-6a UTSA Chisholm Hall
- Run and Bike
- Specific Times and Days change with school schedules and the onset of summer heat. All communication is offered to active team members in the forum.
- Strength training is included in some of the group activities. If an athlete is interested in specific group training please visit the youth group strength training.
Contact Us for more information
The youth team will travel and attend several youth events in the local area, the SMW region and provide support at the USA Triathlon National Youth Championships. A list of events is updated as race specifics become available.
- Every other Wed – Brackenridge Zoo Run
- Designated Tuesday night track meets during the summer
- May 25 Cap Tex Triathlon
- June 6 Dallas F1